UNDP has had a representative office in Iran since 1966 and has been working closely with the government and other development partners, such as civil society, academic institutions and the private sector, by providing technical assistance and knowledge for more than 46 years.
Here are our main partners and entities in the Islamic Republic of Iran:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Cooperatives, Labour and Social Welfare
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Health, Treatment and Medical Education
- Ministry of Interior
- Department of Environment
- Office of the Deputy President for Strategic Planning and Control (SPAC)
- Forests, Range and Watershed Organization - Ministry of Jihad Agriculture
- Iran's Prisons Organization
- Iranian Red Crescent Society (IRCS)
- Tehran Disaster Mitigation and Management Organization (TDMMO)
- Building and Housing Research Center (BHRC)
UNDP also partners with various NGOs, Universities and academic institutions across Iran.
We also partner with entities and agencies of the UN in various projects and initiatives. To read more about UNDP and the UN system in Iran, click here.
- 24 Sep 2014:Deliberate man-made effort to re-green the deserts of Iran
- 24 Sep 2014:"Climate change is the defining issue of our age" says the UN Secretary-General
- 23 Sep 2014:“We are glad to be contributing to the restoration of Lake Urmia” says Japan’s Ambassador in Iran
- 21 Sep 2014:Ozone layer success celebrated in Iran
- 16 Sep 2014:Reversing the “Silent Earthquake of the Century”