UNDP has had a representative office in Iran since 1966 and has been working closely with the government and other development partners, such as civil society, academic institutions and the private sector, by providing technical assistance and knowledge for more than 46 years.
Here are our main partners and entities in the Islamic Republic of Iran:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Cooperatives, Labour and Social Welfare
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Health, Treatment and Medical Education
- Ministry of Interior
- Department of Environment
- Office of the Deputy President for Strategic Planning and Control (SPAC)
- Forests, Range and Watershed Organization - Ministry of Jihad Agriculture
- Iran's Prisons Organization
- Iranian Red Crescent Society (IRCS)
- Tehran Disaster Mitigation and Management Organization (TDMMO)
- Building and Housing Research Center (BHRC)
UNDP also partners with various NGOs, Universities and academic institutions across Iran.
We also partner with entities and agencies of the UN in various projects and initiatives. To read more about UNDP and the UN system in Iran, click here.
- 07 Apr 2015:“In thirsty Iran, a hunt for solutions to a shrinking salt lake”
- 24 Mar 2015:“We have the opportunity to end this epidemic” Says UN Secretary-General on World TB Day
- 18 Mar 2015:Iran, Japan and the UN combine forces to preserve Lake Urmia
- 15 Mar 2015:UN Resident Coordinator’s exclusive interview with Asia Daily Newspaper
- 10 Mar 2015:UN Resident Coordinator’s exclusive interview with Tehran Times Newspaper