UNDP and the UN System
Similar to most countries around the world, the UNDP Resident Representative is also the UN Resident Coordinator (UNRC), representing the UN system in Iran. As the chair of the UN Country Team (a team comprising the heads of UN agencies), the Resident Coordinator provides overall leadership for the United Nations strategic initiatives and the operational framework for development in the I.R. Iran. There are currently 17 UN agencies and entities with operating offices in Iran.
The office of the Resident Coordinator aims to bring together the different United Nations agencies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operational activities at the country level. Working closely with national governments, Resident Coordinators and UN Country Teams (UNCTs) advocate the interests and mandate of the United Nations drawing on the support and guidance of the entire United Nations family.
UN agencies and entities in Iran
Contact UNDP NewsroomMedia Inquiries Phone: (+98) 21 2286 0691-4
firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (+98) 21 22869547
- 26 Jun 2013:UN and Iranian Experts Discuss HIV/AIDS Status in Post 2015 Development Agenda
- 23 Jun 2013:Helping to Stop the Spread of Tuberculosis in Iranian Prisons
- 12 Jun 2013:UNDP and Partners Tool Up to Ensure Better Quality Projects
- 04 Jun 2013:Ecosystem Management Approach at Center of Biodiversity Conservation Project
- 02 Jun 2013:UNDP and Government Partners Hold Inclusive Growth Workshop
- 22 May 2013:Iran Commemorates World Environment Day