Inclusive Growth Initiative
What is the Project About?
The Inclusive Growth initiative aims to support the strengthening of a national inclusive growth modeling framework for development planning purposes. Its main outcome will be a more coordinated, integrated and dynamic multi-sector planning approach.
What Have We Accomplished So Far?
- Identified various methodologies to undertake integrated development planning.
- Established learning processes and Communities of Practice.
- Signed a contract with Labour and Social Security Institute for initial advocacy and training.
- Signed a contract with economists/econometricians to undertake technical studies.
Who Finances It?
Delivery in Previous Fiscal Year
- Established a CPAP Poverty outcome Board to develop capacity for inclusive growth and poverty reduction approaches.
- Initiated Community of Practice on inclusive growth (through workshops and research activity undertaken by the Labour and Social Security Institute – the think tank of MCLW).
- Initiated Community of Practice on women’s economic empowerment (through workshops and research activity – through support of CPAP Poverty Outcome Board and FRWO).
- Identified various methodologies to undertake integrated and multi-sector dynamic development planning towards inclusive growth outcomes.
- Contracted with economists / econometricians to undertake technical studies and provide proposals and recommendations (on inclusive growth planning; growth and distribution; regional based planning; decentralised planning processes; etc).
- Project Start Date:
- Estimated End Date:
- National socio-economic and planning institutions
- Focus Area:
- Inclusive Growth and Poverty Reduction
- Goals 1 and 8
- UNDP Programme Officer:
- Mohammad Ali Farzin
- CPAP Poverty Outcome Board members (including Strategic Planning and Control; Ministry of Cooperatives, Labour and Welfare; Ministry of Interior; Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- National Project Director:
- Dr. Vahideh Negin, CPAP Poverty Outcome Board Secretary (at Deputy Minister for Welfare Affairs)