Green Banking Initiative
What is the Project About?
UNDP supports Bank Keshavarzi of Iran, the national development bank for natural resources and agriculture development, in its objective to improve its “green” banking and credit procedures and practices (i.e. those that can help ensure both inclusive growth and sustainable development outcomes in the sector and at the local level – and integrate “development” and “banking”). The project is a research and development approach to institutional capacity strengthening.
Who Finances It?
Delivery in Previous Fiscal Year
- Review of Bank’s standard operating procedures (SOP) from an inclusive growth and sustainable development perspective - and recommendations for their improvement.
- Design and development of a model for credit provision based on green banking concepts and criteria.
- Testing the proposed new SOP’s in three pilot sites (Markazi, North Khorassan, and Zandjan Provinces).
- Production of all necessary documentation required to institutionalize new SOP’s;
- Establish a Centre of Excellence for the Bank on this approach and disseminate the best practices nationally.
- Project Start Date:
- Estimated End Date:
- Markazi, North Khorassan and Zandjan provinces
- Focus Area:
- Inclusive Growth and Sustainable Development
- Goal 1
- UNDP Programme Officer:
- Mohammad Ali Farzin
- Bank Keshavarzi
- National Project Director:
- Dr. Shahidzadeh
- National Acting Project Director
- Dr. Sharifat