Green Banking Initiative
What is the Project About?
UNDP will support Bank Keshavarzi of Iran, the national development bank for natural resources and agriculture development, and support its objective to improve its “green” banking and credit procedures and practices (i.e. those that can help ensure both inclusive growth and sustainable development outcomes in the sector and at the local level – and integrate “development” and “banking”). The project is a research and development approach to institutional capacity strengthening; it will initially assess the Standard Operating Procedures of the Bank from an inclusive growth and sustainable development perspective; revise and improve the SoP’s as necessary; pilot and test the new SoP’s in three provinces; prepare all the necessary documentation required to institutionalize; establish a Centre of Excellence for the Bank on this approach and disseminate the best practices nationally.
Who Finances It?
Delivery in Previous Fiscal Year
- Review of standard operating procedures and their improvement.
- Design and development of a model for credit provision based on green banking concepts and criteria.
- Testing the proposed new model in three pilot sites (Markazi, North Khorassan, and Zandjan Provinces).
- Project Start Date:
- Estimated End Date:
- Markazi, North Khorassan and Zandjan provinces
- Focus Area:
- Inclusive Growth and Sustainable Development
- Goal 1
- UNDP Programme Officer:
- Mohammad Ali Farzin
- Bank Keshavarzi
- National Project Director:
- Dr. Mohammad Talebi