Country Coordinating Mechanism Funding
What is the Project About?
Country Coordinating Mechanisms (CCMs) are central to the Global Fund's commitment to local ownership and participatory decision-making. CCMs develop and submit grant proposals to the Global Fund based on priority needs at the national level. After grant approval, they oversee progress during implementation.
This project aims to assist the CCM of the Islamic Republic in fulfilling its functions as the country’s oversight body for development and submission of grant requests in line with the national priorities and plans as well as ensuring smooth, timely and effective implementation of the projects supported by the Global Fund.
What Have We Accomplished So Far?
- CCM established and meeting regularly
- CCM Secretariat established , equipped and staffed
- CCM website under development
- CCM Communication Strategy development in progress
Who Finances It?
Delivery in Previous Fiscal Year
- CCM is established and functioning.
- Through the CCM, Iran has received GFATM grants in all three disease areas.