The Millennium Development Goals Eight Goals for 2015
- 1 Eradicate extreme hunger and poverty
- 2 Achieve universal primary education
- 3 Promote gender equality and empower women
- 4 Reduce child mortality
UNDP Iran and the MDGs
UNDP in Iran aspires to support the government in its efforts towards meeting the MDGs. While the country is currently on the track for meeting many of these goals, the national averages reveal significant disparities between the rich and the poor, the young and the old, men and women as well as inhabitants of different regions. While the latest statistical data on the progress of Iran towards the MDGs is based on the last MDG report published in 2006, the continuous progress towards these goals can be seen through the achievement and results of UNDP’s various projects in the country.
On the basis of the latest MDG report, please click on the MDG tabs above to view a summary of how Iran is doing, the latest statistical data and the challenges identified for each MDG.
Our Work Towards Reaching the MDGs
Latest MDG ReportsView more reports
- 24 Jun 2014:“Nothing for us without us”
- 22 Oct 2013:UN Day 2013
- 26 Jun 2013:UN and Iranian Experts Discuss HIV/AIDS Status in Post 2015 Development Agenda
- 19 Jun 2013:Visiting the Pilot Site for Tehran’s Carbon Sequestration Project
- 02 Jun 2013:UNDP and Government Partners Hold Inclusive Growth Workshop